Measurement While Drilling - Teledrift Service
Halifax International FZE. utilizes measurement-while-drilling (MWD) surveying technology to determine the well path and its position in cooperation with Teledrift. The Teledrift ProShot MWD tool is a self-contained, positive pulse, measurement while drilling tool utilized for straight wellbore drilling.
The tool itself is ~7 1/2 feet long, and fits inside its own 10 foot long non-mag drill collar. The MWD tool can be shipped to the rig site loaded inside the drill collar, ready to be picked up and loaded into the BHA by the rig crew or trained Teledrift representative.
Designed around a new and proprietary mud pulser and a state-of-the-art sensor package, ProShot MWD provides inclination to the nearest tenth of degree and azimuth to the nearest degree. Combined with a sophisticated, robust, and user friendly surface display, the complete ProShot MWD system is a “stand alone” MWD tool that can be used by the rig crew with minimal training.
- Positive mud pulse telemetry system – no wireline or other equipment to run in the hole.
- Inclination resolution to .1 degrees –greater hole control through increased survey accuracy.
- Azimuth resolution to 1 degree –available azimuth w/inclination surveys for greater well control.
- Latest technology digital system with integral system checks and flags - no guessing if the survey is good or not.
- 100 ppb Max. LCM content– No Treatment with Marble.
- Small surface system footprint w/touch-screen controls - can be setup in the doghouse with minimum interference.
- Operated by rig crew w/minimal training – robust, reliable system designed for minimum maintenance.
- Low daily operating cost - cost effective for the operator.